Interactivity is at the heart of Beam and today marks the next chapter in its evolution. We've been hard at work, taking a deep look at our interactive platform and feature set to refine and improve interactivity on Beam. Today, we’re ready to share with you, and we hope you’ll continue to enjoy this continued evolution alongside us.
Interactive 2 is an entirely new platform built from the ground up to support games and content creators, alike, to achieve their dreams of making broadcasting more engaging and exciting for not only the player but also everyone watching.
A little teaser of our new Interactive Studio.
Introducing Interactive 2.0 today is the first groundbreaking step in bringing exciting and unique interactive integrations to every streamer tomorrow. It paves the way for a flexible, extensible system that will drive Interactive experiences with Beam into the future.
Our first release of Interactive 2.0 will arrive on Beam in March with additional features and improvements landing throughout 2017.
- Per-User Control Events - See who pushed a button enabling more engaging more personal interactivity.
- Dynamic Controls - Create new buttons and interactive elements on the fly from your game without needing to visit the Interactive Studio.
- Malleable Controls - Change the text and spark cost of a control on the fly to spice up the gameplay during a session.
- Groups - Group your players into Teams or collections to provide unique controls to different sets of users.
- Brand New WebGL Based Controls
- Set text & spark cost on the fly at any time.
- Easier to position and size for a wide variety of layouts and devices.
- More on this in the future ;)
- Snazzy new control editor renamed to our Interactive Studio.
- A set of tools and processes to support you in authoring next generation interactive experience.
- Everything from initial creation to publishing is carefully crafted and delivered to support you in making the best possible Interactive experience.
- JSON Based Protocol - A human readable format that is easy to debug.
- New & Updated SDKs
- Unity / C#
With Interactive 2.0, it is possible to create more engaging experiences that provide a true connection between streamers and viewers on a level that has not been possible before.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does this affect me as a Streamer / Viewer?
As we roll out Interactive 2.0, you may notice new and exciting Interactive experiences appearing; we'd love to see you try these and moreover, would love your feedback!
What will happen to Interactive 1.0?
We'll continue to support Interactive 1.0 for some time while reaching out and assisting developers in shifting to 2.0.
What will happen to existing Interactive 1.0 Integrations?
Legacy integrations will still work, and we'll be reaching out to their developers to offer support and assistance in getting across onto Interactive 2.0.
How can I get started as a developer?
Stay tuned and ensure to subscribe to our developer newsletter from the lab.